Guinea, or Guinea-Conakry as it is sometimes called, lies on the west coast of Africa, its crescent shape curving from the Atlantic coast around its southern neighbours Sierra Leone and Liberia. Apart from the low-lying coastal area, the country is mountainous, particularly in the Fouta Djalon region which runs north-south right across the country. Large rivers like the Niger, the Gambia and the Senegal have their source in Guinea. Highest mountain is Mount Nimba (1752 m), on the border with Liberia and Ivory Coast.
There are hiking opportunities near the city of Mali-ville in the surrounding mountains, and even all the way across the border to Kedougou in Senegal. Walking is also possible in the area around Labé in the Fouta Djalon region. Hiking was possible up Mount Nimba, although it is now a strict nature reserve forbidding, or at least strictly regulating tourism.
- Also available from:
- Bol.com, Netherlands
- Stanfords, United Kingdom
- The Book Depository, United Kingdom
- De Zwerver, Netherlands
- Trekking in Peru: 50 of the Best Walks and Hikes
- This is the most comprehensive, user-friendly trekking guide to Peru available. Peru's mountains offer the most varied and dramatic treks in South America with the added attraction of Pre-Columbian ruins along the way. Celebrating 40 years of Bradt, this unique guidebook is based on the Peru section of the very first Bradt guide. All the... Read more
- Wandelgids Trekking in Peru | Bradt guide | Hilary Bradt
- Goede complete wandelgids van Peru. Met veel detailinformatie en handige adressen . This is the most comprehensive, user-friendly trekking guide to Peru available. Peru's mountains offer the most varied and dramatic treks in South America with the added attraction of Pre-Columbian ruins along the way. Celebrating 40 years of Bradt, this... Read more
- Guinea Bissau
- A general map of the country with an inset showing the central part of Bissau. The map shows various types of terrain; mangroves, forests, the savana, rice fields, etc., as well as mineral resources (bauxite and phosphate). Road network includes seasonal roads and shows petrol stations and intermediate driving distances. The map also indicates... Read more