Macau is a former Portuguese colony on the southcoast of China. From Hong Kong, a convenient 60 km ferry-ride across the Pearl River Estuary will take you there. Macau consists of the Macau Peninsula and the islands of Taipa and Coloane, now connected by the Cotai Strip landfill.
Being a small, densely populated and heavily urbanized place, long distance hiking is no option in Macau. Yet, there is a network of well-maintained nature trails worth exploring in the hills of Taipa and Coloane. Try the circular Coloane Trail, The Taipa Grande and Taipa Pequena Trails.
Macau's climate is subtropical with very high temperatures and humidity in summer (April - September). For maximum views and dry weather, try November, December, January, February or March.
- Good Governance In China - A Way Towards Social Harmony
- Case Studies By China'S Rising Leaders Read more
- Large general road map covering China with an inset of Beijing at larger scale.Cartography has subtle shading for elevation with spot heights clearly marked. All major roads are shown, including highways, trunk roads, tracks, and also road numbering and distances shown in kilometers. Railways, ferries, airports are also marked, as are... Read more
- Mount Gongga Glaciers
- Mount Gongga Glaciers on a detailed, contoured map at 1:25,000 published by the Chinese Institute of Glaciology and based on surveys carries out in early 1980s and aerial photography from December 1996. The map has contours at 20m intervals, enhanced by shading, plus graphics and/or colouring for exposed rock, scree, moraine, crevasses,... Read more
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (50K)
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China on a double-sided topographic map at 1:50,000 from its official Survey and Mapping Office, with bilingual place names and English language map legend. The map has contours at 50m intervals, enhanced by relief shading and altitude colouring, plus graphics to show cultivated areas and woodlands.... Read more
- China - Wandelreis
- China te voet! Zwerf door de Verboden Stad in Beijing en wandel vervolgens twee dagen over de Chinese Muur. Bewonder het beroemde Terracottaleger in Xi'an en beklim de heilige berg Hua Shan. Trek vanuit het middeleeuws aandoende Lijiang vier dagen door de spectaculaire Tiger Leaping Gorge. Maak tot slot een prachtige tocht op de Tibetaanse... Read more
- Also available from:
- Snp Wandelreizen, Netherlands
- China - Wandelreis
- Avontuurlijke wandelreis langs de mooiste plekken van: de imposante Chinese muur, de bergen rond Kangding op het Tibetaans Plateau, de kunstige rijstterrassen van Pingan en de kalkbergen rondom Yangshuo. Bezoek Tibetaanse kloosters in Sichuan, fiets tussen rijstvelden en karstbergen, loop twee dagen over de Chinese Muur en eet pekingeend in... Read more