- Length in days 20 days
- Traildino grading SW, Strenuous walk, mountain trail
- Hut tour grading T2, Mountain walk
3 - 4 weeks.
Kangchenjunga is the third highest mountain in the world. The name does not sound familiar. But you probably won't notice much difference between a summit of 8.848 (Everest) or one of 8,586 (Kangchenjunga). If you want to avoid the crowds of the Khumbu - Everest Trek, and if you've got the time and the money, the Kangchenjunga trek might be for you.
The trek involves a lengthy journey to the east of Nepal, since the mountain is on the border with Sikkim and Tibet. You can take a plane to Biratnagar and start your trek in Sukhetar. From Pangpema, at 5.140 at the foot of the massif, several side trips can be made. You must arrange your trek through a trekking agency.
- Wandelgids Kangchenjunga: A Trekker´s Guide | Cicerone |
- A guide to trekking in the Kangchenjunga region of the Himalayas of Nepal. With its five summits, Kangchenjunga is the world’s third highest peak. Includes the North Base Camp trek - considered to be the most beautiful walk in the world, Ghunsa to the Simbua Khola valley, southern approaches and trekking to Kangch from Sikkim. Seasons March to... Read more
- Also available from:
- The Book Depository, United Kingdom