- Length of trail 214 km, 133 miles
- Length in days 9 days
- Start of trail Killarney
- End of trail Killarney
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
Kerry Way, Killarney - Killarney, 214 km, 9 days
Everyone knows the Kerry peninsula, the scenic and mountainous southwest corner of Ireland. Mountains, lakes, moorland, mixed with the omnipresent Atlantic Ocean.
On the Kerry Way you will make a round walk over the peninsula, starting from the town of Killarney. The path is varied, leading into the mountains, visiting picturesque towns, touching the coastline once in a while.
About one third of the trail follows small tarmac roads. Most of the trail is over paths and tracks, crossing bleak fields and moors yellow with gorse, wild mountains in the background, bright coloured houses...
The Irish Coast to. Coast Walk makes use of the Kerry Way between Cahirciveen and Killarny. The European Long Distance Path 8 uses the Kerry Way for a small part between Kenmare and Killarny.
The trail is well marked and there are plenty of accommodation options. Guides and maps are available. Online documentation is excellent. For your own convenience, wear waterproof boots and clothes.
- Oranginas, hiking trails Europe October 2005
- Rate 8
- Positive Lough Leane, the Torc falls, the desolate Black Valley and the fantastic cross over the Maggillycuddy’s. After that the rewarding view at Lough Acoose, the Windy Cap near Glenbeigh and the view at Dingle-bay while walking the uplands near Drung Hill. And, at the end, on the peat fields, the Atlantic Ocean!
- Negative Increasing "private property", "no passage"
- Hendrik Legemate July 2010
- Rate 8
- Wandelgids / Walking guide The Irish Coast To Coast Walk |
- Beschrijving van de lange kust naar kust route door heel Ierland. Goed beschreven met veel details, zowel praktisch als achtergrond. The Coast to Coast route through Ireland, from Dublin to the Atlantic coast, passes through glorious mountain and river country, and offers an opportunity to discover the heart of the Emerald Isle. The walk links... Read more
- Also available from:
- The Book Depository, United Kingdom
- Cicerone Press , United Kingdom
- The Irish Coast to Coast Walk
- The guidebook describes walking the 370-mile waymarked route through Ireland from Dublin in the east to Bray Head in the southwest on the Atlantic coast. Created by linking the Wicklow Way, South Leinster Way, Munster Way, Avondhy Way and the Kerry Way. An opportunity to discover the heart of the Emerald Isle. Read more
- Wandelgids The Kerry Way | Rucksack Readers |
- Beschrijving van de Kerry Way, een bekend lange afstands pad in Ierland. Goede beschrijvingen / Engels. The Kerry Way runs for 126 miles (203 km) through Ireland´s most spectacular mountain landscapes, starting and finishing in the town of Killarney. Dramatic peaks and glens, wild moorlands, lakes and windswept passes blend magnificently with... Read more
- The Great Walks Of Europe
- From the high-level route across the Pyrenees to the scenic Kerry Way in Ireland, from a descent through the Samaria Gorge in Crete to an ascent of Helvellyn in the Lake District, this book identifies the greatest walks in Europe: twelve of the best long-distance walks (taking from four to fifteen days to complete) and twelve extraordinary day... Read more
- Also available from:
- Buch.de, Germany
- Irland: Kerry Way
- Der Kerry Way ist der beliebteste Langstreckenwanderweg Irlands. Er verläuft im Südwesten der Grünen Insel in der Grafschaft Kerry durch die Iveragh-Halbinsel. Vorbild für den Wanderweg war der „Ring of Kerry“, die schon legendäre Rundstraße um die Halbinsel, die als eine der schönsten Autorouten Europas gilt und für die meisten Irlandbesucher... Read more