- Length of trail 214 km, 133 miles
- Length in days 9 days
- Start of trail Killarney
- End of trail Killarney
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
Kerry Way, Killarney - Killarney, 214 km, 9 days
Everyone knows the Kerry peninsula, the scenic and mountainous southwest corner of Ireland. Mountains, lakes, moorland, mixed with the omnipresent Atlantic Ocean.
On the Kerry Way you will make a round walk over the peninsula, starting from the town of Killarney. The path is varied, leading into the mountains, visiting picturesque towns, touching the coastline once in a while.
About one third of the trail follows small tarmac roads. Most of the trail is over paths and tracks, crossing bleak fields and moors yellow with gorse, wild mountains in the background, bright coloured houses...
The Irish Coast to. Coast Walk makes use of the Kerry Way between Cahirciveen and Killarny. The European Long Distance Path 8 uses the Kerry Way for a small part between Kenmare and Killarny.
The trail is well marked and there are plenty of accommodation options. Guides and maps are available. Online documentation is excellent. For your own convenience, wear waterproof boots and clothes.
- Oranginas, hiking trails Europe October 2005
- Rate 8
- Positive Lough Leane, the Torc falls, the desolate Black Valley and the fantastic cross over the Maggillycuddy’s. After that the rewarding view at Lough Acoose, the Windy Cap near Glenbeigh and the view at Dingle-bay while walking the uplands near Drung Hill. And, at the end, on the peat fields, the Atlantic Ocean!
- Negative Increasing "private property", "no passage"
- Hendrik Legemate July 2010
- Rate 8
- Wandelgids The Kerry Way | Rucksack Readers |
- Beschrijving van de Kerry Way, een bekend lange afstands pad in Ierland. Goede beschrijvingen / Engels. The Kerry Way runs for 126 miles (203 km) through Ireland's most spectacular mountain landscapes, starting and finishing in the town of Killarney. Dramatic peaks and glens, wild moorlands, lakes and windswept passes blend magnificently... Read more
- The Great Walks Of Europe
- From the high-level route across the Pyrenees to the scenic Kerry Way in Ireland, from a descent through the Samaria Gorge in Crete to an ascent of Helvellyn in the Lake District, this book identifies the greatest walks in Europe: twelve of the best long-distance walks (taking from four to fifteen days to complete) and twelve extraordinary day... Read more
- Also available from:
- Bol.com, Netherlands
- Also available from:
- The Book Depository, United Kingdom
- Ierland - Kerry & Beara
- Wandelvakantie over de beroemde Kerry Way en het nauwelijks bezochte Beara schiereiland waar u in de dorpjes en pubs de pure Ierse sfeer proeft. De meren, parken en ruige bergen van Killarney National park, de steile kliffen van Bere Island en de kaap van Dursey Island; de zeehonden en vogelkolonies, de venen van Beara. Maar ook de... Read more
- The Kerry Way Self-Guided Walking Tour
- Encompassing the famed Ring of Kerry, the Kerry Way is Ireland’s longest and premier walking route and the ideal walk to explore this scenic area. Experience the raw, unspoilt beauty of Ireland on the enchanting Kerry Way; a 210km Irish national walking trail which also takes in the highlights of the famed Ring of Kerry route. Walk through... Read more