- Length of trail 120 km, 75 miles
- Length in days 10 days
- Start of trail Toblach (Dobbiaco), Villabassa
- End of trail Longarone
- Traildino grading DW, Difficult walk, bushwalk
- Hut tour grading T3, Demanding mountain walk
120 km, 10 days. Toblach (Dobbiaco)/Villabassa to Longarone.
Rate 8.0 | 1 vote | No 2. in Slovenia
- Henk Nouws October 1990
- Rate 8
- Positive Beautiful and impressive.
- Negative The trail was very strenuous, sometimes overgrown, difficult at places.
The Book Depository
- Also available from:
- Cicerone Press , United Kingdom
» Click to close
- Trekking in the Dolomites
- This handy guidebook contains detailed route descriptions for walking the popular Alta Via routes 1 and 2 across the Dolomites. The AV1 is 120km long over 11 day stages and is ideal for beginners to Alpine walking whereas the AV2 covers 160km in 13 days and is undeniably longer and more strenuous. The more demanding AV3-6 routes are also outlined. Read more
- Laki 2012-06-04 15:05:27
how to get back from longarone to bozen
- Hey Henk,
going through your records I came across the Dolomites which seem to be a beautiful area. I don´t own a car so I am trying to find out how to get from Longarone to Bozen or Venezia to head back home from there. I know that there are little busses but they don´t seem to have anything like public transport (train or something) from a bigger village near Longarone to anywhere else. Do you have any info about that?! Thanks again for your help! Greets.
- Henk Nouws 2012-06-04 16:03:47
- Gee, that's ages ago!! When it comes to trains in Europe, the best is to search http://www.bahn.de. Then of course there are bus services between the larger towns, and sometimes www.bahn.de lists those services as well. I can't image there won't be any public transport between the cities you mention. Does Longarone have some tourist info? In that case, they will know for sure! Bye the way: the Dolomites are a good choice, I love them.
- Laki 2012-06-07 10:29:13
- Hey, I hae some info for you in case you would like to go back to the dolomites some time. I contacted the italian public transport agency and they gave me this link to look for bus services from Venezia to Longarone:
And thanks for the tourist info idea! I never go to any tourist info, so I also forget that there might be one ;)