- Length of trail 1,168 km, 726 miles
- Length in days 65 days
- Start of trail Puçol
- End of trail Límite con Portugal
- Traildino grading SW, Strenuous walk, mountain trail
- Hut tour grading T2, Mountain walk
Puçol - Límite con Portugal, Senderos de la Miel, GR 10. 1168 km, 65 stages. País Valencià, Aragón, Castilla la Mancha, Madrid and Castilla-León, from Mediteranean to Portugal.
Rate 7.0 | 1 vote | No 8. in Spain
- val May 2012
- Rate 7
- Positive We liked the views, the tranquility, the mix of deserted villages, historical tourist attractions and towns. We were often surprised at entering a village to find a lovely restaurant. On other days we expected to find somewhere to sleep and there was nothing!
- Negative This route,although a European Long Distance Trail had poor signage in places and often we had to hope for the best. There was no adequate maps and without our GPS we would not have managed to do this walk. Although we like isolation it would have been good to have met the occasional walker! We saw no other people walking this trail other than day walkers.
- The Mountains of Central Spain
- Extensive guidebook of walks and scrambles in Spain's central mountains, the Sierras de Gredos and Guadarrama, which rise to 2600m and remain snow-capped for 5 months of the year. Over 70 routes and many options, plus Spain's GR10 that runs through the central spine of both mountain chains. Read more
- Also available from:
- De Zwerver, Netherlands
- The Book Depository, United Kingdom
» Click to close
- Wandelgids Mountains of Central Spain Guadarrama en Sierra de Gredos | Cicerone |
- Uitstekende wandelgids van dit geweldige gebied. goed beschreven met veel praktische informatie om de route te kunnen lopen. Nadeel is de ouderdom van deze gis, maar er is niet veel anders en gecombineerd met een goede kaart kom je een heel eind! The Sierras de Gredos and Guadarrama are the highest part of the long chain of hills and mountains... Read more
- val 2012-03-26 23:11:24
- We are planning to walk part of GR10 senteros de la Miel which goes from north of Valencia to the Portuguese border in June 2012. Can anyone give us information about this route? Is it mail]nly on tracks? Is there accommodation at the end of each day? How strenuous is it?
- Henk Nouws 2012-03-27 01:00:14
- These guys here carry a tent and food because villages on trail do not always have facilities: http://www.mendiak.net/foro/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40346. There is also a link to a guide book. In Spanish of course.
- Henk Nouws 2012-03-27 01:12:19
- However, the 12 legs in Guadalajara seem to have plenty of facilities: http://tinyurl.com/com73jj
- val 2013-01-29 17:17:26
- Almost a year later in replying! We did part of the walk and I am now beginning to write it up on Traildino. Thank you for your prompt reply.
- Henk Nouws 2013-01-31 09:29:40
- Well, must have been quite an experience! Welcome back!