- Length of trail 500 km, 311 miles
- Length in days 25 days
- Start of trail Ölüdeniz (Fethiye)
- End of trail Antalya
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
Ölüdeniz (Fethiye) - Antalya, 500 km.
Kate Clow did us a great favor by compiling this first long distance trail in Turkey. The trail is made up of local paths, along many old Lycian ruins and through little rural villages. The trail is marked, and the marking is maintained. The impact of the trail on the local economy is of some importance, since hikers "shop" and sleep in the villages, and local guides get the opportunity to help groups.
It is rather exceptional to be able to make self-guided tours in a country that does not have any hiking tradition.
The trail follows the coast. Sometimes it turns inland, climbing into mountain ranges up to 1700 m. Best time is spring: april - may. Kate Clow's guidebook is indispensible, in combination with maps.
- Oranginas, hiking trails Europe April 2008
- Rate 10
- Positive Magnificent views at the Mediterranean, the history, the culture, the remains of the former rulers and former residents. Well marked with the compliments for Kate Clow. Great hospitality on trail.
- Negative The trail disappeared among some road construction. But the local people know how to go.
- Wandelgids Turkish Coast: Kas to Dalyan | Sunflower |
- Combines the best features of a Sunflower walking guide with all the detail you would expect in a hefty general guide. The Lycian Peninsula takes in a very large area; this volume concentrates on the region between Kas (including Kekova to the east) and Lake Koycegiz. A key feature of the book is coverage of the Lycian Way as day walks, with... Read more
- Also available from:
- De Zwerver, Netherlands
- Wandelgids Turkei - Lykische Küste Turkije | Reise Know How |
- Das alte Lykien an der Südküste der Türkei ist ein Wanderparadies. Oft nur einen Steinwurf von den Touristenzentren entfernt wartet die pure Idylle: grüne Pinienwälder und riesige Sandstrände, bis heute von Hotelbebauung verschont. Küstenpfade führen hoch über dem Meer zu verschwiegenen Felsbuchten. Im gebirgigen Hinterland finden sich... Read more
- Wandelgids The Lycian Way | Kate Clow | Kate Clow
- Engelstalige beschrijving van een ca. 500 kilometer lange route langs de kust van Lycie (van Olu Deniz tot in de buurt van Antalya), door de westelijke uitlopers van het Taurusgebergte en vele vruchtbare rivierdalen en delta´s. De gids “The Lycian Way” van Kate Clow is echt onmisbaar. Deze gids bevat naast de padbeschrijving een pak... Read more
- Also available from:
- The Book Depository, United Kingdom
- The Lycian Way (West) Self Guided Walking Holiday
- Self-guided walking holiday along Turkey's Mediterranean coastline. Discover the real, rustic Turkey on the Lycian Way, Turkey’s first long-distance footpath. The path winds its way along the dramatic rocky coastline of the Mediterranean on ancient mule and cliff-top paths, occasionally dipping into shaded pine forests and dropping down to... Read more
- WALKING THE LYCIAN WAY
- This varied trek follows the highest and most rugged section of Turkey's most famous long distance footpath, which stretches from Fethiye to Antalya and covers 500km. Taking its name from the ancient civilisation that once ruled the area, the route snakes along dramatic coastline and offers spectacular cliff top views and ancient ruins before... Read more
- The Lycian Way (East) Self Guided Walking Holiday
- A self-guided walking holiday along the Lycian Way, Turkey's first long distance path. The Lycian Way follows the south coast of Turkey through a landscape of cliffs, secluded coves, and pine forests. The walk traverses through unspoiled Turkish villages, passing countless ruins from bygone Lycian, Greek and Roman civilisations along the... Read more