- Length of trail 500 km, 311 miles
- Length in days 25 days
- Start of trail Ölüdeniz (Fethiye)
- End of trail Antalya
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
Ölüdeniz (Fethiye) - Antalya, 500 km.
Kate Clow did us a great favor by compiling this first long distance trail in Turkey. The trail is made up of local paths, along many old Lycian ruins and through little rural villages. The trail is marked, and the marking is maintained. The impact of the trail on the local economy is of some importance, since hikers "shop" and sleep in the villages, and local guides get the opportunity to help groups.
It is rather exceptional to be able to make self-guided tours in a country that does not have any hiking tradition.
The trail follows the coast. Sometimes it turns inland, climbing into mountain ranges up to 1700 m. Best time is spring: april - may. Kate Clow's guidebook is indispensible, in combination with maps.
- Oranginas, hiking trails Europe April 2008
- Rate 10
- Positive Magnificent views at the Mediterranean, the history, the culture, the remains of the former rulers and former residents. Well marked with the compliments for Kate Clow. Great hospitality on trail.
- Negative The trail disappeared among some road construction. But the local people know how to go.