- Name American Discovery Trail (ADT)
- Length of trail 8,000 km, 4,971 miles
- Length in days 400 days
- Start of trail Cape Henlopen State Park, Delaware
- End of trail Point Reyes National Seashore, California
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
You can hike or bike from coast to coast in just 5000 miles (8000 km) on this American Discovery Trail. Including the loops, the trail runs for 6356 miles (10,300 km) from Cape Henlopen State Park, Delaware westward to Point Reyes National Seashore, California. The trail combines many shorter and longer trails. The variety in landscape is enormous.
- Waldviertel North - Gmünd - Heidenreichstein - Waidhofen a.d.T. - Raabs a.d.T. - Trebon
- Waldviertel North - Gmünd - Heidenreichstein - Waidhofen a.d.T. - Raabs a.d.T. – Trebon area of eastern Austria presented at 1:50,000 in a series of contoured and GPS compatible outdoor leisure map from Freytag & Berndt with hiking and cycling routes, mountain huts, campsites and youth hostels, local bus stops, plus other tourist information.To... Read more
- Bee Dee 2012-04-25 05:19:11
I'm looking for a google earth file of the trail
- Can anyone tell me where I might find a google earth file of the ADT like a KML or KMZ or GPX file? Please contact me if you know of one.
Thank you, Bruce
- Henk Nouws 2012-04-27 11:26:01
- Hi Bruce, I've not been there obviously, but I got some success with Google. The search phrase "American Discovery trail" filetype:kmz (type the double quotes as shown) gives some results. You could also try filetype:kml, but I doubt if Google will help you with filetype:gpx. In the links above is the ADT society, and I guess you contacted them already.