- Length of trail 4,271 km, 2,654 miles
- Length in days 250 days
- Traildino grading SW, Strenuous walk, mountain trail
- Hut tour grading T2, Mountain walk
The Pacific Crest Trail is one of the most spectacular and challenging long distance trails the US has to offer. This trail takes you to all the famous mountain ranges of California, Oregon and Washington.
Not only its length is dazzling – 2654 miles (4271 km), the alpine terrain makes hard walking. Nevertheless, some 100 to 200 fit thru-hikers manage each year to complete the trip from end to end. When they finish, they have climbed some 300,000 feet, or 90,000 meters, in six months time. Highest point is Forester Pass, 13,153 feet (4009 m), in the Sierra Nevada.
- The John Muir Trail
- Guidebook to walking North America's John Muir trek through California's High Sierra from Yosemite (El Capitan and Half-Dome) to the summit of Mount Witney. The 216-mile route is split into 21 daily stages, with full information on preparation, permits, wilderness, bears, water. Part of the Pacific Crest Trail. Read more
- Also available from:
- Cicerone Press , United Kingdom
- The Pacific Crest Trail
- This handy pocket-sized guidebook contains detailed route descriptions for the 2650 mile Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail from the Mexico/California border, through Oregan and Washington to British Columbia. The route is split into 101 sections which each cover 2-3 days and is described for walkers who want to hike the PCT in relative comfort Read more
- Wandelgids USA: The Pacific Crest Trail - from Mexico to Canada on foot | Cicerone |
- The 2700-mile Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail takes the hiker from Mexico to Canada through the mountains of California, Oregon and Washington. This wilderness trail is purpose built for the exclusive use of hikers and horse-riders and takes you easily through some of the most fantastic scenery in the world, with the added advantage that... Read more
- Wandeligds Pacific Crest Trail: Oregon and Washington | Wilderness Press | Jeffrey Schaffer,Andy Selters
- Stretching over 2600 miles from the Mexican to the Canadian border, the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) passes through some of the most breathtaking scenery in the U.S. Each year hundreds of hikers attempt to complete the entire trail while thousands of others take it in smaller sections. Designed for thru hikers, section hikers, and day hikers it... Read more