- Length of trail 655 km, 407 miles
- Length in days 60 days
- Start of trail Walhalla, Victoria
- End of trail Tharwa near Canberra
- Traildino grading DW, Difficult walk, bushwalk
- Hut tour grading T3, Demanding mountain walk
655 km, 60 days, December-April
The Australian Alps Walking Track is with its 655 km one of the longer and more demanding Australian trails. It starts at Walhalla, Victoria, passes New South Wales and ends in Tharwa near Canberra. It takes 50-60 days to complete. Since the trail crosses many peaks and exposed high plateaus, the hike is possible in summer only (December-April).