- Name Salzsteigweg - 9 (WWW09)
- Length of trail 437 km, 272 miles
- Length in days 24 days
- Start of trail Sternwald
- End of trail Tschau or Wurzenpass
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
Salzsteigweg, Weitwanderweg 9, Sternwald (1122 m) - Tschau or Wurzenpass (1071 m), 437 km,
This "Weitwanderung" leads from north to south, from the Czech border to the border with Slovenia.
The trail begins at the Czech border and runs through the hills and farmland till the Danube. The river crossing is in the city of Linz. From there on, the mountains take over: Totes Gebirge, Niedere Tauern Alps Gurktaler, Villach, Karawanken. You are now making a hut tour over the central ranges of the Alps. In general, the path will pose no problems. For those people with a good condition, the Salzsteinweg is an easy trail.