- Name Alpen Weitwanderweg
- Length of trail 160 km, 99 miles
- Length in days 7 days
- Start of trail Pass Hallturm
- End of trail Bischofswiesen
- Traildino grading SW, Strenuous walk, mountain trail
- Hut tour grading T2, Mountain walk
Pass Hallturm – Bischofswiesen, 160 km, 7 days
This trail runs in both Germany - Berchtesgadener Alps - and Austria - Salzburgerland. It is the accomplishment of coöperation between both regions, especially groups of sport hikers from both countries. In seven days, you will climb 5.200 m. The reward of the trail is more than sport: the trail is also aimed at those with an interest in history, and the lover of nature and scenery.
However, the Alpenweitwanderweg does stay on the relatively easy northern side of the mountains, so you will miss the more dramatic and inaccessible southern part of these limestone mountains.
- Hohe Wand - Schneebergland - Gutenstein Alps - Piestingtal - Lilienfeld F&B WK012
- Hohe Wand - Piestingtal - Triestingtal - Gölsental - Gutensteier Alpen – Lilienfeld area south-west of Vienna presented at 1:50,000 in a series of contoured and GPS compatible outdoor leisure map from Freytag & Berndt with hiking and cycling routes, mountain huts, campsites and youth hostels, local bus stops, plus other tourist information.To... Read more
- Zell am See - Kaprun - Saalbach F&B WK382
- Zell-am-See - Kaprun - Saalbach area of the Austrian Alps presented at 1:50,000 in a series of contoured and GPS compatible outdoor leisure map from Freytag & Berndt with hiking and cycling routes, mountain huts, campsites and youth hostels, local bus stops, plus other tourist information. To see the list of currently available titles in this... Read more
- DC1948 2012-11-26 13:31:43
- please credit the photo (below)