- Name HÃ¦rvejen - Ochsenweg
- Length of trail 250 km, 155 miles
- Length in days 13 days
- Start of trail Viborg (Dk)
- End of trail Flensburg (D)
- Traildino grading EW, Easy walk, nature trail
Haervejen or Army Trail or Ochsenweg, Pilgrims Path. Viborg (Dk) to Padborg to Rendsburg (D), 250 km
This trail is on Jutland, Denmark, and Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. Haervejen starts in Flensburg, Germany and ends in Viborg. This trail is the Danish contribution to the European Long Distance Trail E1. The Danish are fond of cycling, more than hiking, and you will find that this trail consists of a blue (hiking) and red (cycling) variety. Most times, the red and blue trail run seperately, often far apart. In other instances, you will share your way with cyclists.
The trail is historic in character. In the old days it was used as a drove road, by traders, soldiers and by pilgrims. Other folks stayed at home. Apart from history, you get the opportunity to get acquinted with the landscape of moors, hills and small rivers.
Every year in july, the Haervesvandring is organised. Some 300 hikers will join to cover the trail between Slesvig and Viborg in a weeks time.
Ochsenweg starts in Rendsburg and ends in Flensburg. Ochsenweg / Haervejen is a joint German / Danish project to establish a cross border Pilgrimage trail. It is part of the network of pilgrimage trails to Santiago de Compostela.
- Sonny B. Andersen July 2015
- Rate 1
- Positive nice picture
- Negative 1. There is no trail !!! - The two small pices in Germany are local, historical trails 2. "Haervejen or Army...". NO, NO. HÃ¦rvejen (Army Trail) runs from Viborg to Padborg. 3. "This trail is the Danish contribution to the European Long Distance Trail E1." - NO, only parrtly: The E1 runs on HÃ¦rvejen from KrusÃ¥ to NÃ¸rre Snede - see OSM 4. Ochsenweg starts in Rendsburg ... NO. NO. This is marketing!!
- didzamons June 2013
- Rate 9
- finelykkelarsen 2014-10-28 14:29:08
Ny HÃ¦rvejs guide
Jeg arbejder med at udvikle en ny guide for HÃ¦rvejen og I den anledning sÃ¸ger jeg kontakt til vandre for at fÃ¥ inputs til hvad den idelle guide indeholder for vandre.
Jeg har ogsÃ¥ lavet et spÃ¸rgeskema som jeg hÃ¥ber at I kunne have lyst til at besvare?
Med Venlig hilsen
Fine L. larsen
Projektmedarbejder Destination HÃ¦rvejen