- Name Seealpentour (GR52A)
- Length in days 8 days
- Start of trail Terme di Valbueru
- End of trail Entracque
- Traildino grading SW, Strenuous walk, mountain trail
- Hut tour grading T2, Mountain walk
Terme di Valbueru – Entracque, 8 days
You will have trouble to find information on this tour. It's a compilation of trails that run through the Nature parks of the Italian Alpi Marittimi and the French Mercantour (especially the GR52A).
Terme di Valbueru is a functioning thermal resort and the start of this trail in the southwest corner of the Alps. The history of the path goes back to the Italian King Vittorio Emanuelle II, who built his hunting lodges in this region. We now enjoy the revenues of the King's many hunting trails. Together with some military roads they form the backbone of this hiking trail. It's eight days of strenuous walking with some passes of about 2700 m. The rocks here are gneiss and granite, forming a wild mountain area. Situated in Italy, the path runs through the Parco Naturale delle Alpi Marittimi, but a branch crosses the border into the French national park of Mercantour.
- Le Mercantour - Vallee des Merveilles GR5/GR52/52A
- Le Mercantour: Larche – Nice/Menton, Vallée des Merveilles, FFRP topoguide Ref. No. 507, covering 450km of long-distance routes: the last section of the GR5 in the French Alps from Larche to Nice, an alternative variant off GR5 along the GR52 leading via the Vallée des Merveilles to Menton, plus GR52A – Panoramique du Mecantour from Col du... Read more
- Also available from:
- De Zwerver, Netherlands