- Name Sentiero della Pace (O455)
- Length of trail 450 km, 280 miles
- Length in days 30 days
- Start of trail Tonalepass
- End of trail Mamolata
- Traildino grading SW, Strenuous walk, mountain trail
- Hut tour grading T2, Mountain walk
Border of Italy and Austria, 450 km.
The trail follows the heavy fortified frontier line between Austria and Italy in the First Worldwar, From the Tonalepass to the Mamolata. partly it runs together with the European Long Distance trail E5.
Select some tracks
- Wandelgids Trekking the Karnischer Höhenweg | Cicerone
- English-language guidebook to the Karnischer Höhenweg, a 206km waymarked hut-to-hut trek along the border between Italy and Austria. Also known as the Carnic Peace Trail, it runs west to east along the Ridge of the Carnic Alps, the site of the WW1 front line. With information on planning your trip, accommodation and the history of the area. Read more