- Name GR655 - Via Turonensis (GR655)
- Length of trail 827 km, 514 miles
- Length in days 33 days
- Start of trail Saint-Quentin
- End of trail Ostabat
- Traildino grading EW, Easy walk, nature trail
GR655, Saint-Quentin - Paris (- Ostabat), 234 to Paris, 9 days
The GR655 is the current pilgrims way starting at the border with Belgium and eventually taking you all the way south to Santiago de Compostela. The start is in St Quentin. The trail then goes to Paris via Compiègne. After Paris the route is also named as Via Turonensis. A western route goes via Chartres (GR655 ouest) and an eastern route via Orléans (GR655 est).
The GR655 coincides with the Via Turonensis, but the GR655 starts at the Belgium border, where it takes over from the Via Gallia Belgica, whereas the Via Turonensis starts in Paris.
Via Turonensis, Paris tour Saint-Jacques-de-la-Boucherie - Tours - Ostabat, 593 km, 24 days
The Via Turonensis proper starts in Paris, traditionally at tour Saint-Jacques, from where it is about 1450 km or two months walking to Santiago. The route is heading south-west, a flat itinerary, taking in Bordeaux. In Ostabat it joins two other main pilgrim ways before crossing the Pyrenees and continuing in Spain as the Camino Francés.
Visit Traildino's overview page for the Way of Saint James / Camino de Santiago.
- GR655 Chemins de St-Jacques: Tours - Mirambeau FFRP Topo-guide No. 6552
- Chemins de St-Jacques: Tours - Mirambeau, FFRP topoguide Ref. no. 6552, covering one of the routes of the Way of St. James in western France, from Tours in the Loire Valley via Poitiers and Saintes to the estuary of the Gironde. Current edition of this title was published in June 2014.ABOUT THE FFRP (Fédération française de la randonnée... Read more