- Name Camino SanabrÃ©s
- Length of trail 387 km, 240 miles
- Length in days 15 days
- Start of trail Granja de Moreruela
- End of trail Santiago de Compostela
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
Camino Sanabrés, Granja de Moreruela - Santiago de Compostela, 387 km, 15 days
The Via Sanabrés is sometimes incorrectly named Via de la Plata. In fact, it branches off Via de la Plata in Granja de Moreruela, and takes a southerly route to Santiago de Compostela. It thereby completely bypasses the main Camino Francés. This way is harder, more climbs and descents, and you will miss the rumble and noise of the main route. The section from Orense to Santiago is sometimes referred to as Camino Portugués del Interior.
Visit Traildino's overview page for the Way of Saint James / Camino de Santiago.