- Name TraversÃ©e de Charlevoix
- Length of trail 105 km, 65 miles
- Length in days 7 days
- Start of trail Parc des Grands-jardins
- End of trail Mont Grand-Fonds
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
Parc des Grands-jardins – Mont Grand-Fonds, 105 km, 7 days
This is a well known and popular wilderness hike in the forested Laurentian Mountains, Quebec. It is perhaps exaggerated to call it a mountain trail, because it stays in the valleys mostly, often using logging roads. Besides walkers, cyclists and skiers also use the trail.
Geologically this is a special area, because the rocks date back one billion years.
The hike is also attractive because there are cabins (simple ones and nice ones) at regular intervals. Camping is also possible.