- Name Pacific Crest Trail (PCT)
- Length of trail 4,271 km, 2,654 miles
- Length in days 250 days
- Traildino grading SW, Strenuous walk, mountain trail
- Hut tour grading T2, Mountain walk
The Pacific Crest Trail is one of the most spectacular and challenging long distance trails the US has to offer. This trail takes you to all the famous mountain ranges of California, Oregon and Washington.
Not only its length is dazzling – 2654 miles (4271 km), the alpine terrain makes hard walking. Nevertheless, some 100 to 200 fit thru-hikers manage each year to complete the trip from end to end. When they finish, they have climbed some 300,000 feet, or 90,000 meters, in six months time. Highest point is Forester Pass, 13,153 feet (4009 m), in the Sierra Nevada.
- patacon April 2016
- Rate 10
- Positive Trail life Landscapes, everything is just perfect and beautiful. The hard times just make the goog ones even better.
- Negative ---
- web Master March 2015
- Hiking the PCT from Mexico to Canada March 3, 2015. http://hikingpct.pikespeakengineering.com
More photos albums…
- The Pacific Crest Trail
- Guidebook to the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT), an epic 2650 mile hike from California's Mexican border to Canada's British Columbia. One of the world's best hikes, the route passes through California, Oregon and Washington State, taking in the Mojave desert, High Sierras, Cascades and countless more wild mountains. Read more
- The John Muir Trail
- Guidebook to walking the John Muir Trail through California's High Sierra from Yosemite (El Capitan and Half Dome) to the summit of Mount Witney. The 216 mile hike is split into 21 daily stages, with full information on preparation, permits, wilderness, bears, water and trekking skills. Part of the Pacific Crest Trail. Read more
- Also available from:
- The Book Depository, United Kingdom
- De Zwerver, Netherlands
- Bol.com, Netherlands
- Wandelgids The John Muir Trail | Cicerone
- Een uitstekende beschrijving van het beroemde lange afstandspad in Californie. Guidebook to walking the John Muir Trail through California's High Sierra from Yosemite (El Capitan and Half Dome) to the summit of Mount Witney. The 216 mile hike is split into 21 daily stages, with full information on preparation, permits, wilderness, bears, water... Read more