- Name Heysen Trail
- Length of trail 1,200 km, 746 miles
- Length in days 60 days
- Start of trail Cape Jervis
- End of trail Parachilna Gorge
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
The 1200 km long Heysen Trail will take you into remote corners of South Australia, from Cape Jervis in the south to Parachilna Gorge in the Flinders Ranges. The trail passes through a variety of landscapes: sea cliffs, sandy beaches, rural country, bushland, mountains, even vineyards. Hiking the full trail will take about 60 days. Best time is August - October. December to April is less appropriate since parts of the track might be closed due to bushfire risk.