- Beverley Wahl 2018-03-07 17:53:25
- I did the northern half of the Corfu Trail in October 2017 and loved it. I was hoping to do the southern half in early May 2018, and hoping also that it would again be with the same agency and guide as last time, but there seems to be some doubt as to whether the trip will come about.
Does anyone have suggestions?
- Henk Nouws 2018-03-07 18:59:38
- I did the walk without an agency. Only map and GPS. No problem
- Beverley Wahl 2018-03-07 20:05:15
- Well, if I was 25 and not geographically challenged, I might - but actually I enjoyed being with a super-fit group of British walkers of my own vintage - i.e. aged 60-80!
- Era 2019-08-27 14:34:50
- Beverly, I am thinking of hiking this trail in October this year, but hesitates, because after all the summer heat, landscape suppose to be dry and dusty. Was that not the case when you hiked in October?
- Alexi 2016-10-14 17:43:15
- Does anyone know what it would be like to walk this trail in late autumn/winter time? Just for general facilities like food, water and accommodation? Thanks for your help :)
- Henk Nouws 2016-10-14 17:50:25
- Hi Alexi,
Many hotels along the coast will be closed. The inland accommodation is scarce anyway. As an alternative, you may take a bus or taxi in the morning or evening to get to larger villages with sufficient accommodation.
I think food is not a problem. Shops and café's cater for the locals.
I would go nevertheless, if I were you!