- Anthony 2013-12-09 10:37:57
Stage 1 of the E8
- I am planning to walk the Irish - English parts of the E8.
Does anyone have any advice on the route? This is my first long distance hike so I am planning to take things pretty easy.
My biggest problem at the moment is finding the maps OS and OSi for the routes (It doesn't help that the Trans-Pennine trail website is down.
- Anthony 2013-12-09 10:38:12
- Oh, forgot to say, thanks in advance!
- Anthony 2013-12-11 10:43:44
- Also the map of Ireland is very wrong. The trail starts much further south than that.
- Ken@thepathwayporter 2014-03-06 19:03:14
- Anthony, if you're still planning the walk the government owned Irish Trails website have maps for pretty much the whole Irish section in PDF format. They're not the highest scale but they should be fine for the majority of walkers as the trails are well signposted on most of the route. I did it heading south from Dublin using a book by Paddy Dillon, Ireland Coast to Coast by Cicerone press. I took maps but barely used them, using the ones in the book instead. Paddy chooses to end in Portmagee in Kerry rather than Dursey Head so you will need maps or a guide book for the section on the Beara.
- David Flanagan 2013-02-13 17:55:23
Anyone walked all the E8?
- I'm a freelance journalist writing a piece about the E8 and I'm looking to talk to someone who has walked all or at least a lot of the E8 walking route?
- Craig 2012-08-15 16:00:31
- Hello ppl
I just wondered if it's possible to chat to someone here with great knowledge of the E8 trail, through Netherlands, Germany and Austria.
- Henk Nouws 2012-08-31 11:29:32
- Craig, I know the Dutch part very well, and past month I hiked a part in Slovakia, well marked, easy to find. Just ask me what you want to know.
- katika 2015-02-16 13:59:34
- Hi, Henk, we planning to walk the E8 from England to Slovakia from April 2015. I looking for a good books or guides which can help us to plan the route. Maps, places where to stay or anything what can help us. If you can give us some informations about Dutch and Slovakia it can help. We walked last year the Camino de Santiago in Spain.We have some practical experiences but we stil struggling with a preparation part. If anybody can help us please contact me on email@example.com.
Thank you :)