- johanna 2018-09-14 09:33:39
St Pieters Pad
- My daughter and I would like to walk the path in the later part of August.
Is accomodation available as a walk in, or is it necessary to book?
Are there any companies that do organised walks and prebook the accomodation, please?
Lots of question and would dearly like some answers
- Verslagen van mijn wandelingen. De GR5 ,Cape Wrath Trail, Kungsleden. 2018-09-15 16:47:25
- Hi Johanna. Walking in the later part of August is a good timing because the school holidays for childeren untill 12 years finisch around the 8-14, But if you have accomodation to walk in depands a lot on your planning and distance you like to hike on a day. You always need a back-up location in case there is no room.
Public transportation is almost everywhere available , so you can also chose a few central overnight locations and plan from there.
I do not know any companies that do organised walks. Walking the Pieter pad is about 50% on tarmic roads so hard on feet .
hope you have a good planning, and make sure you have the latest edition from the gide books.
- johanna 2019-09-21 23:34:39
Thank you very much
- johanna 2019-09-21 23:34:45
Thank you very much
- liedie coetzee 2017-05-17 15:32:32
- What time of the year is the best time to hike the Pieterpad and when is the chance of encountering less rain? Is it an organized route or can we do our own accommodation reservations? Your input will be of great help.
- Henk Nouws 2017-05-17 16:10:42
- Any time of the year. Rain can happen always. wintertime is a bit grim though. Finding accommodation should be easy: small hotels and bed&breakfasts can be found at regular intervals. Or jump on a bus of train. Good choice, this trail.
- Grace McKenna 2016-12-31 05:36:22
- Hi, I am Grace from Australia and I am hoping to walk the Pieterpad sections from Groningen to Coevorden in March, but it all depends on the accommodation costs along the route. Is there any free accommodation on the route, perhaps from walking club members, or some very cheap accommodation? I only need somewhere to sleep each night. I am a member of a Bushwalking Club in Australia.
Many thanks for any assistance,
- Joke ter Weele 2017-01-01 14:36:06
- Hi Grace,
Finding free accommodation will be hard, and March will be too cold for camping. There are B&B's along the way, and you could try the website vriendenopdefiets.nl for cheap options especially for bikers and hikers.
- WalczakMarcin 2016-06-08 00:00:06
filming while cycling the Pieterpad
- Hi everyone,
My name is Marcin and I am coming to Netherlands for the first time in my life. In about couple of months I am going to Netherlands to film part of the documentary about two females running length of the Pieterpad (500 kilometers over 5 days). They're doing it for charity but one of the outcomes of this event and their running passion is to make a short documentary. We are aiming to record big chunks of this film from a trailer attached to bike. I am looking for any advise on bikes and how to manage this route.
- Henk Nouws 2016-06-08 08:16:07
- Hi Marcin. In many parts of this trail cyclists and walkers have seperate lanes. Cyclists often do not have permission to go on walking trails. You may run into this problem. Maybe for this single occassion, you will get away with it. If you need to know beforehand what traffic is allowed on the trail, you can best view the gpx track in OpenStreetMap. OSM shows what traffic is allowed on a path.