Located on the Mediterranean in the far north of Africa, Tunisia is a relatively small country with a very diverse landscape. The north is the most mountainous, harbouring the most most eastern reaches of the Atlas Mountains, the south is mostly desert. The coastal plains are are a fertile olive growing area. Highest mountain is Jebel ech Chambi (1544 m) in the northwest of the country.
Tunisia counts a number of national parks with hiking possibilities. Try Ichkeul National Park around the exceptional Ichkeul Lake, the mountainous Boukornine National Park, the forested Khroumirie mountains around Aïn Draham and in El Feidja National Park, or the desert of the large Jebil National Park and the Grand Erg in the south. There are also some interesting smaller mountain areas like Zaghouan, Ressas and the peculiar Jugurtha mountain. Finally there is some interesting hiking along the Mediterranean coast in the north.
Trekking in the northern mountains is best during the summer months of June, July and August. Best time for hiking in other parts of Tunisia are the relatively cool months of April, October and November.
- An African Adventure Atlas
- This text divides the African continent into 15 geographical regions which are introduced over 30 pages and serve to lead the reader into the sections of the atlas, comprising National Parks, town plans and adventure activities. For ease of reference, colour-coded "tabs" clearly identify the different secitons, which include: Morocco and the... Read more
- Also available from:
- Bol.com, Belgium
- An African Adventure Atlas
- Algeria - Tunisia Michelin
- The Michelin National road map of Algeria & Tunisia at 1:1,000,000 scale is ideal for trip & route planning. The map gives comprehensive coverage of national road networks showing all major motorways, dual carriageways, national & regional main roads and some local roads. Also shows unsurfaced roads & tracks and major footpaths. Road obstacles... Read more
- Wegenkaart - landkaart Tunisia - Tunesië | Nelles Verlag
- Nelles Map Tunisia 1 : 750 000 ab 8.9 EURO Special maps: Greater Tunis, ile de Jerba. City maps: Tunis, Hammamet, Port de Kantaoui, Skanes/Mona Nelles Map. Edition Read more
- Wegenkaart - landkaart Algeria - Algerije | Gizi Map
- Algeria Road Map 1 : 1 250 000 ab 11.95 EURO Morocco, Tunisia Gizi Map. Neuauflage. Read more
- Wegenkaart - landkaart Tunisia - Tunesië | Marco Polo
- MARCO POLO Kontinentalkarte Tunesien 1 : 800 000 ab 7.5 EURO Mit landschaftlich schönen Strecken und Sehenswürdigkeiten. Übersichtskarte zum Ausklappen, Entfernungstabelle, Ortsregister, 3 Citypläne MARCO POLO Kontinental /Länderkarten. 2. Auflage, Laufzeit bis 2015 Read more
- Wegenkaart - landkaart Libya - Tunisia / Libië - Tunesië | ITMB
- Carte routière en couleur utile pour les voyageurs. Textes en anglais uniquement. Read more