- Name Gokyo Trek
- Length in days 12 days
- Start of trail Lukla
- End of trail Gyoko valley
- Traildino grading SW, Strenuous walk, mountain trail
- Hut tour grading T2, Mountain walk
12 days, from Lukla
A variant on the Everest Trek, is the valley west of the Khumbu valley, namely the Gokyo Valley. Like the walk to Everest base camp, the first piece of your hike is from Lukla to Namche Bazaar. Hence the trail runs to the west rising up the Gyoko valley.
Most hikers make the trip from Gyoko to Gyoko Ri, a 5357m summit. The views from here are magnificent.
You can cross from this valley to the Khumbu valley, the Everest route. For that you need to go over the difficult Cho La pass, 5420 m. This requires a a glacier crossing, making the right equipment imperative.
- Also available from:
- De Zwerver, Netherlands
- Wandelgids Trekking in the Everest Region | Trailblazer
- Een groot aantal trekkings worden per etappe beschreven. Veel praktische informatie. Een uitstekende reisgids, kaarten zijn soms wat beperkt. Fully revised fifth edition of this practical guide with 60 detailed route maps covering not only the classic treks but also the wild routes: Everest expedition route Rolwaling Trekking from Lukla... Read more