- Name Kalkalpenweg
- Length of trail 150 km, 93 miles
- Length in days 8 days
- Start of trail Enns Besucherzentrum
- End of trail Hinterstoder
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
Kalkalpenweg, Enns Besucherzentrum – Hinterstoder (trainstation), 150 km, 11 days
A new trail, created in 2007, to promote hiking in the eastern part of the Austrian Limestone Alps. The philosophy behind its design is "to experience new things", because that's what you and I want. In German, this type of 21st century trail is called a Leitwanderweg, a modern product, promoted with modern marketing methods.
The trail is marked with innovative signposts and 3D display boards. These help you explore the characteristics of the area. The trail starts in the Nationalpark Kalkalpen, Ennstaler Alps, and continues into the Sensengebirge and Totes Gebirge.
You can easily finish the Kalkalpen Travers in 11 days, going from hut to hut. Small companies offer luggage transport and hut reservations.
- Gesäuse - Ennstaler Alpen - Schoberpass Freytag & Berndt Map
- Gesäuse - Ennstaler Alpen - Schoberpass area of eastern Austria presented at 1:50,000 in a series of contoured and GPS compatible outdoor leisure map from Freytag & Berndt with hiking and cycling routes, mountain huts, campsites and youth hostels, local bus stops, plus other tourist information.To see the list of currently available titles in... Read more