- Name GR512 - Vlaams Brabant (GR512)
- Length of trail 175 km, 109 miles
- Length in days 9 days
- Start of trail Diest
- End of trail Geraardsbergen
- Traildino grading EW, Easy walk, nature trail
Trans-Vlaams-Brabant, Diest - Geraardsbergen, 175 km
This trail is interesting if you like the varied and small scale farming landscape of Flanders and Brabant. Historically this part of Belgium might interest you because it is along the very old border the Romans already knew as a language border, which it continues to be up till our time (and beyond). Walking this path you won't get bored: towns, villages, castles and old farmsteads are strung together.
- Pieter January 2012
- Rate 8
- Positive Interesting hilly landscape (unique in Flanders). Some historical castles (Sint-Pieters-Rode, Beersel, Gaasbeek) and forests. Clear markings and easy acces to the trail by public transport.