- Name Klosterruten
- Length of trail 1,800 km, 1,118 miles
- Length in days 90 days
- Start of trail HelsingÃ¸r
- End of trail Frederikshavn
- Traildino grading EW, Easy walk, nature trail
Klosterruten, Monastery Trail, Helsingør on Sjælland - Frederikshavn on Nordjylland, 1800 km
The Monastery Trail is a project that eventually will create a trail all around Denmark. The topic of this trail is - obviously - monasteries, but also churches, art and nature. Currently, only parts of the trail are in place. First, there is a big stretch in Jutland, from the German border up the westcoast to Ribe and then inland to Viborg. Second, a stretch on Sjaelland, from Helsingørto Slangerup and Roskilde.
In many places, this long trail is using existing long distance trails.
Cyclists are allowed to use the trail too. But this does not mean the trail is hard tarmac everywhere. When possible, small country roads are chosen.
- Monastry Circuit Trail
- The Monastery Trail south of Lukla at 1:100,000 in the Nepa Maps series which provides extensive coverage of trekking areas of Nepal on detailed contoured maps with trekking routes and hiking trails, huts and camp sites, local places of interest and other tourist information.The map covers an area from Namche Bazar southwards along the Dudh... Read more