- Name Alemannenweg
- Length of trail 132 km, 82 miles
- Length in days 7 days
- Start of trail Michelstadt
- End of trail Michelstadt
- Traildino grading EW, Easy walk, nature trail
Circular trail starting in Michelstadt, 132 km, 7 days
The Alemanni were the united tribes from the beginning of our era that fought with the Romans, with varying success. Eventually they managed to push back the Romans, but in the fifth century they themselves were displaced by the Franks. In the Odenwald, where this path leads, these feats took place, but there is nothing you might encounter of that era.
The Odenwald is a mountain range in central Germany, south of Frankfurt, bordered by the Rhine in the west, in the East Main and the Neckar in the south. There are more hiking trails in the Odenwald. This walk - a Qualitätswanderweg - runs through the northern part of the Odenwald, the “Vorderen Odenwald”. Start and finish are in the Einhardsbasilika in Michelstadt. The area is characterized by both forest and agricultural land in a hilly landscape. In the villages you will find local hotels.
- Deena9275 September 2017
- This is an easy to moderate long-distance, circular trail that runs through the Odenwald region of southwestern Germany. The trial is about 130 km long and is usually divided into seven stages It's official start is in the town of Michelstadt, t...
More photos albums…
- Deena9275 2017-12-31 11:29:01
Easy Trail Through Beautiful Landscape
- This trail takes you through the rolling hills, pastures and forests of the Odenwald Park in Germany. Services are plentiful and nicely spaced out.