- Name Twentepad (SP2)
- Length of trail 87 km, 54 miles
- Length in days 4 days
- Start of trail Almelo
- End of trail Almelo
- Traildino grading LW, Light walk, countryside walk
A path in the east of the Netherlands. This circular and regional path is created by the Stichting Wandelnet and it is possible to walk it in four days. The walk is marked yellow-red.
The landscape of Twente is characterized by hedgerows, heathland, "esdorpen" (villages on raised sandgrounds with a system of common grounds and private fields) streams, old water mills and farms. In contrast to the open landscapes of the west of the Netherlands, the east of the country is more enclosed. The eastern loop of this hike runs through the scenically most attractive part between Oldenzaal and Denekamp. Here you can find some interesting heaths and moors. Accommodation can be found in the many villages one passes.
- Oranginas, long distance hiking trails Europe April 2007
- Rate 8
- Positive A circular walk through the fascinating and frequent varying scenery of the Twente district. Almost no asphalt. Well marked trail. Very good maps/books available. Pretty villages to sleep.
- Negative Nothing.
- Pantalaimon August 2011
- Rate 9
- Positive For many inhabitants of the Netherlands this trail would be an unexpected surprise. If you know the Netherlands as a flat country with everything neatly organised in straight lines this might change your mind. In a far corner of the country the hasn't changed much with small farms and lots of small forested area's. The hills and clear streams keep the hike exited. Free wildcamping places!
- Negative Some of the wildcamping place were quite close to the road.