- Name Nordkapp - Kautokeino - Karasjok
- Length of trail 636 km, 395 miles
- Length in days 35 days
- Start of trail Nordkapp
- End of trail Karasjok
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
Nordkapp - Kautokeino, Nordkapp - Karasjok, 636 km
A new trail, extending the European Long Distance Trail E1 to the Nordkapp. This trail connects South to the Nordkatlottruta and the Nordlandsruta. Then, the E1 in Sweden takes over, starting from Vasaloppsleden at lake Grövelsjön. The trail should be entirely marked by the summer of 2012.
Finnmark has not many marked trails. Those who walk Norge på langshave to find their own way. Now, an important new trail has been shaped for hikers who want to experience the Finnmark plateau and want to return home saying they hiked all the way to the North Cape. Indeed, you could start in Sicily.
- Philipp July 2017
- Rate 9
- Reisgids Norwegen: Nordkap-Route - Noorwegen Noordkaap | Conrad Stein Verlag
- Goede beschrijving van deze (auto)route door heel Noorwegen; van Oslo tot de Noordkaap. Met alle benodigde praktische informatie, tips en foto's. Die Europastraße 6 ist die nördlichste Traumstraße Europas. Sie führt zusammen mit der E 69 von Oslo zum nördlichsten Punkt des Kontinents, zum Nordkap. Mehr als 2.000 km geht es auf der gut... Read more
- Jarle Halvard Nilsen 2012-03-13 23:43:17
Marking of E 1 in Finnmark county
- The distance between North Cape and Kautokeino is nearly 350 kms and divided in 15 day stages. At the moment (March 2012) 9 of the stages are partly or completely marked. At 5 places there are no accomodation facilities between the stages
- Jarle Halvard Nilsen 2012-03-13 23:55:19
- From Kautokeino E 1 follows Nordkalottruta to Sulitjelma and Nordlandsruta as long you are in Nordland county. There is also an overlapping trail to Nordkalottruta and Nordlandsruta, GrensesÃ¸mmen, which extends further south to Svukuriset, the last stop in Norway before GrÃ¶velsjÃ¶n in Sweden.
- Henk Nouws 2012-03-14 14:48:50
- Jarle, I did not find the route on the map on ut.no yet.
- Jarle Halvard Nilsen 2012-03-15 00:56:23
- At ut.no the route will be drawn when marking is completed. I think that is the reason.
- Jarle Halvard Nilsen 2013-02-13 21:52:22
- Most of the new route from North Cape to Kautokeino is now visible as a dotted line at some magnifications (300 m and 500 m in the lower right corner) on the new map at ut.no
- Simon 2013-02-17 12:49:41
- Hei Jarle, im planning NPL for 2013 and would like to follow the E1 route in this area. I checked the new ut.no map but could not finde the complete route. Could you maybe provide me the stages of the route so that I can find it on the map? Would help me a lot. BR Simon
- Jarle Halvard Nilsen 2013-02-27 00:23:41
- A suggestion for stages from North Cape to Kautokeino is the following:
Day 1 North Cape - SkarsvÃ¥gkrysset 13 km
Day 2 S - Veidnes 19 km Food supply in HonningsvÃ¥g
Day 3 V - Vardancohka 25 km
Day 4 V - Stohpojohka 26 km
Day 5 S - Hattir East 22 km Food supply in Olderfjord/Russenes
Day 6 H E - Duolbajarcopma 33 km
Day 7 D - Bastingammen 23 km
Day 8 B - Rukkujavri 24 km
Day 9 R - Bojobeaskihytta 21 km
Day 10 B - Mollesjohka Fjellstue 32 km Food supply
Day 11 M F - Ragesluoppal 17 km
Day 12 R - Masi 26 km Food supply
Day 13 M - Biggejavri 20 km
Day 14 B - Mierojavri 27 km
Day 15 M - Kautokeino 18 km
- Leon Koniarczyk 2016-01-22 14:13:36
- hey guys, I have a question on the Food supply: i want to hike the trail from Alta to the North Cape & I'm a vegan. Last summer I hiked the E5 from the german border through Austria to venice, but there I did not have Problems affording vegan Food, but there are a lot more People living there. So my question is: do you think, I can get enough vegan Food in those norwegian villages ? like noodles, Rice, potatoes & sauces ? thanks in advance
- gmpau 2016-03-08 21:41:03
- Hi Leon
Norway is not a third world country and as long as there is a village or a petrol station you will get some vegan food. However, distances between villages (or petrol stations) may surprise you and you cannot rely on them being open when you pass. My advice: take along 1 or 2 kilo dehydrated food, a tiny gas burner and a pot ....
just to be on the safe side.
Good news: the Norwegian krone is at a record low!! Yet, this does not mean that Norway has become a cheap place ..... only a slightly cheaper one.
Greetings from Oslo
- Brynja 2017-01-10 17:26:51
- I guys. I am planning to walk the E1 starting Maj 2018. I am concidering time frames, walking the Camino I averaged over 40km a day and i generally walk 40-50k a day when hiking, I was thinking 7 months for ca 7000km to be realistic. Is that way off, as I can see that this page suggests a year for the whole trip which would make for only 20km per day. What is your take on that?
- Endo 2017-02-19 13:44:03
I'm torn between walking the AT or PCT and northern parts of E1. Walking the E1 would be preferable, as it is a 3 hour flight from where I live, but it is hard to find info about this trail. At least, the info is not as detailed as the US trails. Can you recommend detailed info sources, maps, hiker experience, etc? Also, how can I find people who will walk this summer? I can walk alone, wouldn't hurt to have some company. Thank you!