- Name GR222 Ruta Artà-Lluc (GR222)
- Length of trail 102 km, 63 miles
- Length in days 5 days
- Start of trail Artà
- End of trail Lluc
- Traildino grading EW, Easy walk, nature trail
GR222 Ruta Artà-Lluc, Artà - Lluc, 102 km, 5 days
The GR222 is a trail on the Balearic Island of Majorca. When ready, it connects the east coast with the north coast of Majorca. Start and end are in mountain ranges, and in between the trail passes through farmland and maquis. The authorities are eager to restore old roads and tracks for this walk, but as a result, only 2 of the 5 stages are ready. The itinerary of the other stages is known already, and you will be able to find your own path.
Majorca’s nature offers a special mediterranean, subtropical character. In spring you will be surprised by many species of birds and flowers. The walk ends in the mountains of Serra de Tramuntana. Here runs another long distance trail, the better known GR221. At the end of each stages is a refuge where walkers can sleep.
Check the list of Balearic Islands.
- Mallorca - 60 Easy Hikes Editorial Alpina GR211-GR222 ENGLISH/GERMAN
- Northern Mallorca 7-Map Walking Set – ENGLISH/German version - at 1:50,000 from the hiking map specialists Editorial Alpina, presenting the northern half of the island on seven handy-size maps. Accompanying booklet, in this version in English and German, includes descriptions of 60 day hikes from different locations, plus the GR221 across the... Read more
- Also available from:
- The Book Depository, United Kingdom
- Mallorca Hiking Guide GR221-GR222 2015
- Wandelgids van Mallorca - gids met beschrijvingen van de routes en 7 gedetailleerde wandelkaarten. 60 wandelingen: wandelingen in natuurgebieden, cultuurwandelingen, GR 221 en GR222 Serra de Tramuntana, Llevant, Formentor, Sa Dragonera, Son Real, Planicia, Cap des Pinar. Taal: Engels / Duits kaart A: Andratx - Estellencs / GR 221 kaart B:... Read more