- Name Via Sbrinz
- Length of trail 110 km, 68 miles
- Length in days 6 days
- Start of trail Stansstad (Ch)
- End of trail Ponte (I)
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
110 km. Stansstad (Ch) to Ponte (I).
Select some tracks
☐Via Sbrinz, 54km
- Grimselwelt Erlebnis 1 : 50 000 Wanderkarte als Buch von
- Grimselwelt Erlebnis 1 : 50 000 Wanderkarte ab 20.95 EURO 1:50 000, Mini-DVD Hallwag Wanderkarten. 1. Ausgabe, Laufzeit bis 2014 Read more
- Laki 2012-06-02 10:55:15
- Hello everybody,
I have some questions concerning the conditions on Via Sbrinz. I am an experienced hiker, been to Canada, Slowakia, Norway and Corsica innumerous times. All the times though I have been on individual unguided trips. We camped or bivaked outside, no open fire (except in Canada), nature friendly behaviour (leave no trace) etc. Is any wild camping possible on the Via Sbrinz?
- Laki 2012-06-02 10:58:09
- Can anybody help me out? Also I am wondering whether this hiking trip follows streets alot, because thatÂ´s what I can see on the map:
alot of roads and paved trails!?!
Since we might be carrying tent, stove, sleeping bag and al the other equipement the etapes for one day seem to be quite hard with 25km... is there any chance to plan different etapes in shorter distances?
Thank you for your help
- Henk Nouws 2012-06-03 21:37:14
- Laki, I didn't walk this, but checking the information (http://www.sbrinz-route.ch/angebote/saeumer-wanderwoche-sbrinz-route.html) I would say this trail is not very difficult - look at those mule pictures: you won't be able to pass difficult spots with them. Contact the people of above website, they will know for sure.
- Laki 2012-06-04 13:06:13
- Hey Henk, thanks for the contact, I already did contact them, but I have to say it wasnÂ´t very informative. Everything they helped me out with is exactly the little bit of info you can find online. True though, I donÂ´t think the path is too hard. But people seem to walk it with little weight as they stay in hotels. We would want to carry a tent and food for ten days ourselves. That makes 25 km
- Laki 2012-06-04 13:13:21
- something very different to when you walk it with max of 10 kg. They couldnÂ´t even tell me that there are campsites in the villages along the trail...because I only ask for wild camping. I thought they were like a tourist office that could supply you with all the info. Well, anyways. If you are interested in this route and also like to camp out for litlle money, check out the different camp sites
- Laki 2012-06-04 13:14:49
- in the villages along the trail. Not all of them do own one but I believe you can always find a little meadow, where you donÂ´t disturb anyone and if you leave no trance behind maybe the locals will tolerate it. :) Best wishes.