- Name A Dales Highway
- Length of trail 145 km, 90 miles
- Length in days 9 days
- Start of trail Saltaire
- End of trail Appleby
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
This path traverses the Yorkshire Dales. The Walk goes south-north, and than turns back to its start. The trail is far less known than for instance the Dales Way and the Pennine Way, but may be a fine alternative.
Rate 9.0 | 1 vote | No 3. in United Kingdom
- Aaron Barnes May 2014
- Rate 9
- Positive A well thought out trail passing through some spectacular and ever changing scenery. The route, although way marked, is flexible and allows for plenty of various route options. Highlights include Malham Cove, Ingleborough, Dent Dale and the Howgills.
- Negative Can't really find anything to dislike about the trail other than the very sparse way marking, really only marking major junctions. Navigation abilities are essential!