- Name Minster Way
- Length of trail 83 km, 52 miles
- Length in days 4 days
- Start of trail Beverley
- End of trail York
- Traildino grading EW, Easy walk, nature trail
Minster Way, Beverley - York, 52 miles, 83 km, 4 days
A Minster is a honorific title given to a church, a very old custom in England. A Minster is not per se a cathedral or a large church. It can be a simple parish church, or even a ruin. The Minsters of Beverley and York are fine churches with long histories, and the Minster Way connects them. The trail goes over farmland and takes in a part of the Yorkshire Wolds.
- Aaron Barnes January 2013
- Rate 7
- Positive Walked in snow early 2013. Some fantastic sections, especially over the Yorkshire Wolds. Interesting history including Beverley and York Minster. A nice mix of walking, although the 1st day is a little bland. A stay at Beverley YHA is highly recommended.
- Negative No services on day 1 between Beverley and North Dalton, not even a single shop. The route is surprisingly remote here.