- Name Moray Way
- Length of trail 153 km, 95 miles
- Length in days 8 days
- Start of trail Grantown-on-Spey
- End of trail Grantown-on-Spey
- Traildino grading EW, Easy walk, nature trail
Circular trail starting and ending in Grantown-on-Spey (or any other place on track), 95 miles, 153 km
This trail explores the coastal and inland regions of Aberdeenshire, the east of Scotland. From the coast till the Cairngorms you will get to meet the traditional rich countrylife of this part of Scotland, including pretty Spey Valley.
The part between Findhorn and Garmouth is a genuine coastal walk, known by the name Morray Coast Trail. From Garmouth it is extended eastward till Cullen. Total length is 80 km. The trail is part of the North Sea Trail.
Other parts of the trail are known by different names: Speyside Way (continues further South West), Dava Way and Isla Way.
- Speyside Way
- “Speyside Way” is part of Cicerone’s of Great Britain and Ireland Cicerone walking guides series on topics and grades covering short walks and day walks, coastal and ridge walks, lowlands and highlands, long distance trails and popular regional routes. The Speyside Way runs for 66 miles along good paths beside the river Spey from Aviemore to... Read more