- Name Shropshire Way
- Length of trail 225 km, 140 miles
- Length in days 11 days
- Traildino grading EW, Easy walk, nature trail
140 miles. 224 km.
The Shropshire Way is a path on the English side of the border with Wales. The trail is the result of the cooperation between local volunteers; they selected the most beautiful parts of the Shropshire Hills. The result is a series of shorter walks that can be combined to a contiguous trail. Together they show the many different aspects of this quiet region. A northern leg exists, connecting the hills to Chester.
The Shropshire Hills are an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The hills are fairly high, with an attractive pattern of hedgerows and meadows.
- Shropshire Way Harvey National Trail XT40
- The Shropshire Way, created from hiking trails in the county which can be combined into long-distance routes or circuits, presented at 1:40,000 on a light, waterproof and tear-resistant map from Harvey Map Services. The map presents the heart of Shropshire between Ludlow and Much Wenlock on one large panel, with an inset extending it eastwards... Read more
- Also available from:
- The Book Depository, United Kingdom