- Name International Appalachian Trail (IAT)
- Length of trail 3,058 km, 1,900 miles
- Length in days 153 days
- Start of trail Mount Katahdin
- End of trail Crow Head
- Traildino grading SW, Strenuous walk, mountain trail
- Hut tour grading T2, Mountain walk
The International Appalachian Trail extends the famous Appalachian Trail to the North, into Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador. Following the spine of the Appalachian Mountains from Mount Katahdin in Maine to Crow Head in Newfoundland/Labrador, the IAT/SIA is a 1900 mile (3058 km) journey and is "a showcase of breathtaking mountain scenery, pastoral countryside, and rugged coastline".
The trail keeps growing, by the way. "The Appalachians continue as the Caledonides in Greenland, the islands of the North Atlantic (Faroes, Shetlands, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales) and onto Norway", says the IAT / SIA home page. Recently, Greenland joined the Chapter of the International Appalachian Trail. Will the IAT / SIA become the first pan-European-American hiking trail?
- Gardumi, Enzo;Torchio, Fabrizio: Dolomiti - Val di Fassa Dolomiten - Fassatal
- Wanderführer mit Tourenkarten und Höhenprofilen Kompass Wanderführer. 2. Auflage. Read more
- Also available from:
- Bol.com, Netherlands