- Name Rideau Trail
- Length of trail 385 km, 239 miles
- Length in days 21 days
- Start of trail Ottawa
- End of trail Kingston
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
Ottawa - Kingston, 200 km + 185 km side trails
The Rideau Trail is a 387 km hiking trail in Ontario, also open for showshoeing and cross country skiing. It links Ottawa and Kingston, which is the main 200 km section of the trail system.
The name of the trail is derived from the Rideau Canal, although the hiking trail does not closely follow this waterway.
You will hike through farmland, sometimes over rural roads, but also through rugged terrain in the Frontenac Provincial Park.
- AltonSkiXC September 1979
- Rate 8
- Positive The country side is both Urban and Wild varying all along the trail. I started out hiking this trail and I guess I am prejudice about it.
- Negative There is no camping in most of the spots along the route. It would be nice if it was one of those you could hike from end to end.