Rate 9.0 | 1 vote | No 1. in South America
- John P August 2002
- Rate 9
- Positive There are some great sites in Guyana - unspoilt bush, the Kaieteur falls (largest single drop in the world) and the Rupununi, places you will have much to yourself as very few tourists visit the country. Travel in small airplanes and land on dirt airstrips, meet the Amerindians whose culture still preserves the traditional ways. And English is the national language.
- Negative There is crime in the capital Georgetown (although the city is worth a visit) and to walk or trek you will need a guide, I used the local company Wilderness Explorers.
- Reisgids Guyana | Bradt
- Jungle-clad and teeming with exotic wildlife, Guyana is a South American secret begging to be told. With its unique geography of coastal waters, mangroves, marshes, savannas, mountains, and tropical rainforests, it's an ideal match for adventure seekers and wildlife enthusiasts. Explore the interior's waterways from a dugout canoe, swim... Read more
- Reisgids Focus Guyana, Guyane & Suriname | Footprint
- Kleine uitgave van de alom gewaardeerde Footprint guides: goede gidsen met veel praktische informatie als hotels, restaurants, openbaar vervoer en musea. Ook gedegen culturele achtergrond informatie. Swaying palm trees, golden beaches, a hammock at siesta time, and sunset rum cocktails: this is the bare minimum of a relaxing Caribbean holiday.... Read more