- Name GR34 - Sentier des Doaniers (GR34)
- Length of trail 1,700 km, 1,056 miles
- Length in days 85 days
- Start of trail Vitré
- End of trail Tour-du-Parc, Morbihan
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
The GR34 - or Sentier des Douaniers - is a trail for those who enjoy hiking on high cliffs, views of the ocean, smell of salt water. Brittany has the best coastal scenery of France. Maybe it has not the quiescence of the English coastline. There is a remarkable connection between England and Brittany, a similarity in language and culture. The trail starts a bit inland, near Rennes, runs north, and then rounds the entire peninsula including the westernmost point of France, Cap du Raz.
- dirkpieter July 2010
- Rate 8
- Positive Only the part of the trail I have followed : the part with the cote granit rose. This is a beautiful coastal trail over the round pink rocks. Great coastline!
- patacon August 2012
- Rate 9
- Positive I hiked the part from St.-Malo to Brest and I loved it. The coast offers many diffrent characters. I loved that the trail follows the ocean all the time. If you plan a little you can stay every night on a camping or in a room. You don't need a map to find your way, it is very well marked! Ressuply is easy to get.
- Negative This might be a problem for someone: theres no option of staying in a hostel but in the "big cities". I disliked the parts I had to hike on streets but there where very few. In my opinion there was too much zivilisation along the trail. I crossed at least 2 or 3 little villages every day.
- patacon August 2012
- The GR34 is very easy to walk. It follows the coast all the time. There is the possibility of sleeping every night in a hotel or a room or you can camp. There are no Hostels. Ressuply is very easy to get. You pass nearly every day a village with a...
More photos albums…
- Also available from:
- Stanfords, United Kingdom
- De Zwerver, Netherlands
- Cote d`Emeraude - Les Chemins du Mont-Saint-Michel GR34/GR37
- Côte d`Emeraude: Les Chemins du Mont-St-Michel, FFRP topoguide Ref. no. 345, covering in all 636km of GR routes in western Brittany: the coastal path between Mont-St-Michel, St-Malo and St-Brieuc, plus circuits linking Rennes with the coast. Current edition of this title was published in March 2019 ABOUT THE FFRP (Fédération française de la... Read more
- Les Abers - le Chemin de Phares GR34/GR34F
- Les Abers - le chemin de phares, FFRP topoguide Ref. no. 347, covering the coastal route in north-western Brittany between Morlaix, Brest, and le Fau, plus 4 walks on the Ile d`Ouessant. Current edition of this title was published in September 2017.Between Morlaix and Brest, where the sea has dug deep furrows in the land. More than 20 days of... Read more
- Côte de Granit rose - Trégor morlaisien GR34/GR34A,B,D/GR380
- Côte de Granit rose - Trégor morlaisien, FFRP topoguide Ref. no. 346, covering 608kms of routes along the northern coast of Brittany between Saint-Brieuc and Morlaix, including inland circuits. Current edition of this title was published in May 2018.Pink Granite Coast and Bruyères coast: you are in Armor. It is the ”country by the sea”, with... Read more
- La Cote de Cornouaille GR34
- GR34: La Côte de Cornouaille, FFRP topo-guide ref. no. 348, one of the titles from an extensive series of light, high quality, A5 paperback guides to the Sentiers de Grande Randonnée, the GR routes, a dense network of long-distance footpaths across the French countryside. Each topo-guide covers either a circular route, or part of a longer path.... Read more