- Name Carnarvon Great Walk
- Length of trail 86 km, 53 miles
- Length in days 6 days
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
86 km, 6 days, April – September
This relatively new trail leads you through a landscape of impressive sandstone cliffs, gorges and tablelands in the centre of Queensland. It was opened by the State Government of Queensland, as first in a row of some ten great walks. The 86 km circular track connects the Carnarvon Gorge and Mount Moffatt sections of Carnarvon National Park. As on all great walks, camp sites are provided.
- Rate 9
- Positive Peace and quiet, one other walker in 5 days. Indigenous art, stunning scenery.