- Name Penguin Cradle Trail
- Length of trail 75 km, 47 miles
- Length in days 5 days
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
76 km, 5 – 7 days, December - April
The overcrowded Overland Track in Tasmania has prompted the North West Walking Club to create an alternative in North West Tasmania: "For those seeking a quieter time and a more challenging bushwalk with different but still beautiful Tasmanian scenery, the North West Walking Club has developed the Penguin Cradle Trail". This track will probably not disappoint you in terms of natural beauties, but will take more effort. The trail connects to the Overland Track, and knit together, you will have a terrific two weeks hike.
- bigkev April 2011
- Rate 7
- Positive No crowds, adventure through Leven Canyon, wildlife.
- Negative Road walking