- Name Thorsborne Trail
- Length of trail 32 km, 20 miles
- Length in days 3 days
- Traildino grading SW, Strenuous walk, mountain trail
- Hut tour grading T2, Mountain walk
32 km, 4 days April - September (dry season) is best
The Thorsborne Trail is on Hinchinbrook Island, in the north of Queensland. Mountains here rise to 1000 m. The path takes you along many beaches and through eucalypt forests, mangroves, rainforests and creeks full of fish. The trail might be difficult in places. It is managed according to "minimal impact bushwalking" and "no-trace camping" ethics. Seven camp grounds are available along the Thorsborne Trail. Since the walk is very popular, advance booking is necessary.
- bigkev June 2004
- Rate 10
- Positive Beaches, waterfalls, mountains, wildife, campsites, plenty of time to chill out
- Negative Side trip to Mt Bowen is a ball breaker (but awesome!) mosquitoes, saltwater crocs. Box and Irakandji Jellyfish. Native rats means having to store food in the rat proof boxes.
- Janne Turunen July 1998
- Rate 9
- Positive A short easy through walk with beautiful rainforest and beaches. Certainly not a strenuous walk unless you do the the side trips to the bomber wreck on Mt stradloch or Mt Bowen which is 1000M rise from beach to peak. Great for beginners or families. Good fishing.
- Negative getting there is a bit difficult
- Mrs Charity Joy 2020-07-05 14:04:42
Peace be unto you, I believe that you can help in setting up a charity
foundation for the benefit of mankind, I wish to establish a charity
foundation to help the poor, widows, orphans and less privileged
people in your country under your care, Can you help to build this
project in your country? I'm willing to donate the sum of (four
million, five hundred thousand US dollars) $4.500.000.00.All I want
from you is a sincerity to handle this project To give them hope and
support and to make them feel the same like others.
Together We can make the world a better place when we help one another.
I'll be waiting to read from you today and know your opinion in doing
this project. God Bless us all.
Mrs. Charity Joy