- Length of trail 6,000 km, 3,728 miles
- Length in days 300 days
- Start of trail John O'Groats
- End of trail Rødvig (Dk) - Sweden (?) - Norway (non-existent)
- Traildino grading EW, Easy walk, nature trail
The North Sea Trail will circumvent the whole of North Sea, from Scotland to Norway. Most countries join the effort: United Kingdom, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. Patches of this long distance path are not finished yet. Currently, two countries do offer a continuous coastal trail: The Netherlands and Denmark.
The coastal area's along the North Sea are beautiful, full of history, rich of birdlife.
The trail uses other national trails, and more information can be found on our website on these trail pages.
- John O’Groats - Findhorn: local trails (partly)
- Morray Coast Trail
- Cullen - Newport on Tay: local trails (partly)
- Fife Coastal Path
- North Queensferry - Edinburgh: local trails
- John Muir Way
- Local trails
- Northumberland Coast Path
- Cleveland Way
- Local trails
The following trails are not officially considered to be a part of the North Sea Trail, but they will take you along the North Sea Coast, since you are not able to jump from Holland to Denmark, are you? So, let's forget the about officials for a moment:
- Ems-Dollart Pad, Nieuweschans - Leer (non-existent?)
- Störtebekerweg, Leer - Wilhelmshaven
- Jadeweg, Wilhelmshaven - Petershörn
- Butjadingerweg, Petershörn – Blexen / Bremerhaven
- Traildino March 2009
- Friesland, in the north of the Netherlands, is a flat and open country. Meadows, scattered farms, ancient villages, and the sea. Walking on a dike you stick out high above this land and the sea and you will enjoy great views. The Friese Kustpad - ...
More photos albums…