- Name GR653A - Via Aurelia (GR653A)
- Length of trail 385 km, 239 miles
- Length in days 16 days
- Start of trail Menton
- End of trail Arles
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
GR653 - Via Aurelia, Menton - Arles, 385 km, 16 days
The FFRP has often helped pilgrims by working out their research. Such is the case with the Via Aurelia. This is a more or less coastal route through the Provence that links Rome to Santiago. The FFRP code is GR653A and it is marked. The trail will pass through typical Provence territory, with its tourism, holiday house schemes, but also attractive nature and a blessed climate.
It is part of the Way of St. James. It takes over from the Via della Costa in Italy, and continues in the well known Via Tolosana that takes pilgrims over the Pyrenees to Spain.
Visit Traildino's overview page for the Way of Saint James / Camino de Santiago.
- guido 2018-05-01 17:42:49
- Is it possible to have a map or an Italian guide for the gr653a path?
I would like to make a pilgrimage from Modena to santiago de compostela, starting next June and I would like to make the tract mentone arles, and I would need to have a map of the path.
- Sergio 2017-05-29 19:47:44
Errore di inserimento mappa e traccia
- Questo percorso è in Francia, da Thèoule sur Mer a Mentone, non dal confine italiano a Piacenza!
- beniamino 2016-12-17 00:48:53
traces gpx Arles - Menton etc..
- bonjour, je prépare une marche de Barcelone à Rome quelqu’un sait ou trouver des traces GPX de Arles à Menton(traildino en a juste une partie) de ventimiglia à Sarzana et sur la voi de saint francois d'assise?
- dominique 2017-03-02 07:15:01
- bonjour Benjamino, je e pose la même question car je pars marcher dans 3 jours de Saint Raphael à Aix...Astu trouvé quelque chose sur ce tronçon?
Merci d'avance pour le partgae!