- Name Camino de Santiago de Tenerife
- Length of trail 115 km, 71 miles
- Length in days 6 days
- Start of trail Puerto de Santiago
- End of trail Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
Camino de Santiago de Tenerife, Puerto de Santiago - Santa Cruz de Tenerife, 115 km, 6 days
Tenerife has its own Pilgrims Way. It starts in the harbour village Puerto de Santiago on Tenerife’s west coast and follows the northern slopes of the volcanic centre of the island to the capital of the island, Santa Cruz. It stays away from the main population areas, traversing forest at 800 - 1300 m. Some parts are shared with the GR131. The drawback of the trail is that it leaves aside many of the natural treasures of the island.
Check the complete list of Canary Islands.
Visit Traildino's overview page for the Way of Saint James / Camino de Santiago.
- Ali and Neil 2019-01-09 12:41:30
Walking the Tenerife camino
- We’re new on here and are considering walking the Tenerife Camino
Can anyone advise us of the scale of difficulty please? We’ve done the Santiago de Camino last year