- Name Camino de Santiago de Tenerife
- Length of trail 115 km, 71 miles
- Length in days 6 days
- Start of trail Puerto de Santiago
- End of trail Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Traildino grading MW, Moderate walk, backpacking trail
- Hut tour grading T1, Walk
Camino de Santiago de Tenerife, Puerto de Santiago - Santa Cruz de Tenerife, 115 km, 6 days
Tenerife has its own Pilgrims Way. It starts in the harbour village Puerto de Santiago on Tenerife’s west coast and follows the northern slopes of the volcanic centre of the island to the capital of the island, Santa Cruz. It stays away from the main population areas, traversing forest at 800 - 1300 m. Some parts are shared with the GR131. The drawback of the trail is that it leaves aside many of the natural treasures of the island.
Check the complete list of Canary Islands.
Visit Traildino's overview page for the Way of Saint James / Camino de Santiago.
- Stephanie Gonzalez 2019-04-24 01:14:05
Information on Camino de Tenerife
Necesito encontrar o un libro o sitio web que me indicaria como caminar el Camino De Santiago en Tenerife. Quisiera saber las distancias entre cada pueblo, la dificultad, si esta bien senalada el Camino, hospedaje, mapas y cualquier ayuda para saber la posibilidad de hacerlo. Cualquier ayuda seria bien venida.
I'm looking for a website or guidebook which would give me enough information to walk the Camino de Santiago in Tenerife. I would like to know the distances inbetween the towns, the difficulty of each phase, if the Camino is well indicated, what kind of places there are to stay inbetween, maps and any information would be welcomed.
- Ali and Neil 2019-01-09 12:41:30
Walking the Tenerife camino
- We’re new on here and are considering walking the Tenerife Camino
Can anyone advise us of the scale of difficulty please? We’ve done the Santiago de Camino last year
- Stephanie Gonzalez 2019-04-24 01:13:35
- HI, were you able to find any information on walking the Tenerife Camino? I am interested in doing it this year and having trouble finding proper books and info.